Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Holiday Etiquette

My favorite time of year is here!! I have such a busy month...from birthday parties, to holiday parties...I love it! I decided to come up with a few tips for making a lasting impression at your next holiday gathering.


1. RSVP - I am totally guilty of NOT doing this. I allow the date to pass and forget all about it. Set a reminder for yourself because frankly it is rude to not RSVP and simply show up! I have hosted plenty of parties and there is nothing worse than not knowing how many people you need to plan on feeding! Send a simple text if you do not feel like calling the person to RSVP. Something is better than nothing!

2. "The Outfit" - I only have to dress myself and the hubby, but that can be a task! DO NOT wait until the last minute! There is nothing worse than running around on the day of looking for black tights because you thought you had a pair. Get your outfits pressed and ready at a least a week in advance. This way everything runs smoothly!

3. Do not walk through my door empty handed! - It is sad I have to touch on this one..but I must. Don't feel too bad because I had to teach my husband this one. When you visit someones home a gift is in order. It does not have to be anything extravagant, but bring something other than your empty stomach. A snack tray, bottle of wine, the list is endless... be creative! Another pet peeve....wait for it... The snack tray was not consumed....oh I will take that back since no one ate it! Are you freaking kidding me? I do not care if the person is going to toss it in the trash..don't ever try to take a gift back! 

4.  Do you need help with anything? - That simple question will make you the couple everyone wants at their party. Most of the time the host will turn you down, but the thought of you offering warms their heart. I know the ones that strategically leave the party early hoping that no one will ask them for help tidying up. I learned this from my wonderful mother. She will never leave a person's home in disarray. So just know that if you invite me to your home plan on me offering to help wash those dishes.

Have fun and make lasting impressions! 



No comments:

Post a Comment