Saturday, December 6, 2014

Natural Journey Update

I just realized I have not given an update on my hair! I guess I have been too busy loving it! I urge everyone who has chemically altered their hair to try it.

The evening I did my big chop I could my husband say"there you go with those damn scissors again"

I was previously trying to slowly trim off the chemically processed hair. Hubby had no idea this time was different. I just hacked it all off...no lie I was in a trance. I was just tired of being so afraid of the unknown. Whether I would like it or if I would want to relax my hair again. Looking back now...my thoughts/fears were crazy, but what can I say we all have doubts. Honestly when It was all gone I wanted to cry...silly I know it is just hair... but all I could do was laugh. In that moment I thought it is done now so how are we going to fix it?

I do not even know what type hair I have and frankly I do not care. All I know is that it is beautiful and it grows naturally out of my follicles. That is all that matters to me! I have fallen in love with two strand twist. That is the only protective style I have tried so far. The biggest change I notice is my growth has tripled! My hair grows so fast now! I faithfully shampoo and  deep condition every week. Detangling is not an issue for me. When sectioning I can now gather my hair in little afro puffs! I honestly do not have one negative thing to say about my hair! When I previously chemically relaxed my hair the negative list was quite long.


This picture was taken last night after I unbraided the two strand twist. (this will buy me another two days before I have to wash and deep condition)



These pictures were taken on wash day during the process:

I like to section off my hair without using a comb. 

One of these curls does not belong... I promise you every time I style my hair I see something different!

completed the back section first. 

started my twist on the right side of my head and curled the ends with a bone roller. 



finished product! I am still learning...that is the fun part! 

This is a style i saw on Pinterest. I am thinking about giving it a try. Not sure if I have enough hair yet....we shall see! 


No comments:

Post a Comment