Saturday, December 6, 2014

To the female bloggers who have "Made It"

I was not going to say anything about it...but the more I think about it...that just would not be ME! So I follow several bloggers and admire their clothing selections, and how some of them really put it out there to be judged. I am speaking of plus size bloggers (to narrow it down for you). What I do not admire is their lack of tack/manners.

As you know my business partner and I have an online boutique. To help get our name out there we  reached out to four bloggers (initially thought I would only need to contact one) to see if they would be interested in pairing a purse of their choice (to keep) from our boutique with an outfit they plan to feature on their personal blog. In addition to that offer I also asked how much the blogger would charge for this type of business transaction (for lack of better word). First off 3 out of 4 messages were sent using Facebook....so I know the person viewed the message because it is time stamped and features a check mark. The 4th person i email did reply with "what is your website address?"

I thanked this woman and forwarded the address because she was the only woman to respond. After that no follow up email....It really does not bother me if the women are not interested in the stuff we sell. What bothers me is the whole I am bigger and better so you are not worth my time or response. A simple thank you for thinking of me, but the stuff you sell does not interest me. Or better yet maybe give advice or constructive criticism as to what is wrong with the product. That would have been the polite thing to do. I get it you are busy...but do not ever get so caught up in what you currently have going that you cannot help someone. It can all be gone in a split second.

I am just saying that you all had to start from the bottom I am sure someone gave you a leg up...if not then kudos to you because you are truly one of a kind.

Not if... but when we do "make it" we will not be so full of ourselves that we cannot help someone. I still follow you ladies, but I will never forget how you made me feel.












No comments:

Post a Comment